The most important criteria regarding baby slings
With more than 40 years of experience behind us, we have compiled an extensive list of criteria for our DIDYMOS baby slings.
According to this a DIDYMOS sling has the following characteristics:
- It is woven in such a way that it supports the body of the child all over evenly and has built-in elasticity.
- Even after a long time of use and pressure it does not stretch and wear out.
- The edges have double hems so that the cloth of the sling keeps its shape even after prolonged carrying.
- The dyes are not poisonous, free from any heavy metals and completely non-allergic to the skin.
- The fabric is not processed, finished or otherwise treated either before or after manufacture.
- Auxiliary materials like dressings or lubricants are not used during the weaving process.
The cotton is free from poisonous chemicals like insecticides or defoliants – we regularly test these factors. Test Reports: 1 2 3
- We only use long-fibrous cotton, which has proved to be anti-abrasive.
- The sling is washable at normal temperatures (60 or 95 C).
- The luxurious and complex manufacturing process, using different yarns for both warp and weft, guarantees that the cloth of the sling stays soft and elastic even after many washes.
Advice before and after purchase is most important for us:
- Every baby sling comes with instructions for various ways of tying and carrying. They are illustrated and easily understood.
- Many of our female employees have personal experience using the baby sling and can give help and advice either by phone or e-mail.
- Each DIDYMOS sling carries a 3-year guarantee.
Sociological and ecological aspects should also be considered:
- The raw cotton comes from biologically controlled cultivation.
- It is harvested by hand, because machine harvests require the use of defoliating agents which harm the workers at the beginning of the manufacturing chain in particular.
- Transport distances should be kept as short as possible.
- Manufacturing costs should not be reduced by using child labour, something that is frequently done in developing countries.
You can be sure that DIDYMOS baby slings fulfil all these criteria. We can even guarantee the latter points with a clear conscience because we do not use overseas countries and regularly inspect the companies that work for us. They are all in Germany and neighbouring countries.
Would you like to know more?
In 1972 we were the pioneers of baby carrying in Europe; other carrying aids arrived on the market years later. In 45 years we have gathered so much experience and knowledge that we are very happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the carrying of babies.
Please mail us or phone us +49 (0)7141 975 71-0