The most important criteria regarding baby slings
With more than 40 years of experience behind us, we have compiled an extensive list of criteria for our DIDYMOS baby slings.
According to this a DIDYMOS sling has the following characteristics:
A DIDYMOS sling…
- is woven in such a way that it fully and evenly supports baby’s body as a result of the fabric’s inherent elasticity.
- will hold its shape beautifully and will not sag, nor wear out, even after prolonged use.
- has double-rolled hems on all sides which lets the fabric hold its shape, even after prolonged periods of carrying.
- is dyed using non-toxic dyes which are free from all heavy metals and are completely non-allergenic.
- is made from fabric that has never been chemically processed, nor treated during any stage of the manufacturing process.
- is never treated with any lubricants or fabric finishes during the weaving process.
- is always made from GOTS-certified organic cotton, and so is always free from any insecticides and defoliants. We test regularly!
- is woven using only long-fibre organic cotton, making the sling very soft and non-abrasive.
- is easy to care for and can be machine-washed using regular wash cycles.
- stays soft and mouldable even after many washes. This is a result of a high-quality, complex manufacturing process which uses different yarns for both the warp and the weft.
Advice before and after purchase is most important for us:
- Every baby sling comes with instructions for various ways of tying and carrying. They are illustrated and easily understood.
- Many of our female employees have personal experience using the baby sling and can give help and advice either by phone or e-mail.
- Each DIDYMOS sling carries a 3-year guarantee.
Sociological and ecological aspects should also be considered:
- The raw cotton comes from biologically controlled cultivation.
- It is harvested by hand, because machine harvests require the use of defoliating agents which harm the workers at the beginning of the manufacturing chain in particular.
- Transport distances should be kept as short as possible.
- Manufacturing costs should not be reduced by using child labour, something that is frequently done in developing countries.
You can be sure that DIDYMOS baby slings fulfil all these criteria. We can even guarantee the latter points with a clear conscience because we do not use overseas countries and regularly inspect the companies that work for us. They are all in Germany and neighbouring countries.
Would you like to know more?
In 1972 we were the pioneers of baby carrying in Europe; other carrying aids arrived on the market years later. In 45 years we have gathered so much experience and knowledge that we are very happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the carrying of babies.
Please mail us or phone us +49 (0)7141 975 71-0